Battery Safety and R&D Project Engineer
1. Position Overview
Create & Execute project plans, including timing & deliverables (the what and when) for the Battery Safety group. Working across many engineering teams to ensure alignment of engineering schedules and activities. Supplier engagements to ensure smooth interface between our team and theirs. Collaborate with local and global teams in a variety of functional areas such as engineering, project management, logistics, purchasing. Work with other engineering teams to coordinate activities and data exchange. Identify and coordinate work on technical issues with engineering team. Facilitate cross functional coordination and travel as required to visit Customer factories, company HQ, Customer Technical Centers.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- Demonstrated engineering discipline throughout the development life cycle (requirements discovery and specification, rapid prototyping, validation and other quality assurance processes
- 3+ years Engineering Program Management
- Hand tools, DAQ equipment, CAD (Catia preferred), Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Program Manager Certification
- Machine shop experience
- Energy storage knowledge
- Thermodynamics knowledge
- NI DAQ/LAB view experience.
- Manufacturing experience.
- Problem solver that works strongly in a team or solo environment.
- Outside the box thinking that thrives when challenged.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Romeo Power is a startup company located in Vernon, CA. just south of Downtown L.A., we design, and manufacture EV battery technology for various electric mobility platforms. Several of our talented staff come from Tesla, SpaceX, Faraday Future, Karma and other known unique and powerful companies. We are a group of highly-motivated and extremely talented staff that is set on launching products that will revolutionize the EV battery industry in power density.
4380 Ayers Ave.
Vernon, CA 90058
Romeo Power’s founders have a track record for success. Our CEO’s previous startup is now the default mobile security solution for the major financials in the U.S. Our CTO and Co-Founder worked on energy storage and life support systems for SpaceX for 4 years before moving to Tesla rival Faraday Future, where he served as the Chief Battery Architect.