1. Position Overview
Battery Engineer (focused on model building, cell, module and pack, and validation). Part of the Modeling Group within the Research & Development department. Responsible for a variety of model tuning, building, and validation, from cell to full system.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and build a variety of battery related models such as performance, and aging models.
- Take cell data, and turn into cell level RC-type (or other) models, and expand to module and pack performance modeling.
- Suggest experiments needed for validating, and tuning model parameters.
- Support technical sales group with new product development analysis, and generally take first pass at predicting novel battery system performance.
- Collaborate with thermal engineering team, and other engineering functions, to expands model capability, and devise new experiments.
- Master or above degree related in engineering/energy or 2+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in lithium-ion battery field
- Proficient in Matlab/Simulink, and exposure to one of the following 1D-3D simulation tools (e.g. GT, STARCCM+, ANSYS Fluent, etc)
- Be proactive, curious, organized, collaborative, driving, and hard working; must be a self-starter and ability to multi-tasking;
- Highly motivated, detailed oriented, able to finish work against a rigorous schedule, should be always on top of things!
- Good at math, broad understanding in electrical, thermal and electrochemical field is a must;
- Successfully completed work/project related to data analysis/BMS/algorithm development/1-3D simulation
- Experience in experiment design, battery cell testing and safety/design, exposure to test equipment such as Arbin, AV900, Maccor cyclers, Novonix, etc
- Interests in machine learning/handling big dataset – bonus
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Romeo Power is a startup company located in Vernon, CA. just south of Downtown L.A., we design, and manufacture EV battery technology for various electric mobility platforms. Several of our talented staff come from Tesla, SpaceX, Faraday Future, Karma and other known unique and powerful companies. We are a group of highly-motivated and extremely talented staff that is set on launching products that will revolutionize the EV battery industry in power density.
4380 Ayers Ave.
Vernon, CA 90058
Romeo Power’s founders have a track record for success. Our CEO’s previous startup is now the default mobile security solution for the major financials in the U.S. Our CTO and Co-Founder worked on energy storage and life support systems for SpaceX for 4 years before moving to Tesla rival Faraday Future, where he served as the Chief Battery Architect.