Battery Test Engineer
1. Position Overview
The Battery Test Engineer will be responsible for setting up, programming, and performing tests including vibration, battery module and battery pack cycling, temperature, temperature-humidity, shock, and UV testing.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Create Programs and Test Lithium-ion battery modules and packs using AV 900 EX battery cycler and AVL Lynx 2.0 Test Stand using communication tools such as CAN for test automation and data collection.
- Creating test scripts and procedures.
- Environmental Testing Experience a plus.
- Vibration Testing Experience a plus.
- Write detailed test reports and engineering reports.
- Perform Post Data Processing and Analysis.
- Comply and Develop Safety procedures, and perform hazard assessments
- Test equipment and batteries to mechanical shock, vibration, temperature, and humidity environments.
- Collect, organize, process, and analyze large quantities of cell test data to evaluate performance.
- Summarize data in test reports and make presentations.
- Maintain and calibrate equipment.
- Hands on experience with electrical test equipment, including: script writing for control of automated test equipment, data management, data plotting, and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve test and equipment issues.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and expertise in accuracy and precision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Materials Engineering with 3+ years of Experience.
- Or 5 years of experience as a Battery Test Engineer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Experience with AVL Concerto preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet exacting deadlines.
- Able to capture data, write test reports, and communicate any test issues.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Romeo Power is a startup company located in Vernon, CA. just south of Downtown L.A., we design, and manufacture EV battery technology for various electric mobility platforms. Several of our talented staff come from Tesla, SpaceX, Faraday Future, Karma and other known unique and powerful companies. We are a group of highly-motivated and extremely talented staff that is set on launching products that will revolutionize the EV battery industry in power density.
4380 Ayers Ave.
Vernon, CA 90058
Romeo Power’s founders have a track record for success. Our CEO’s previous startup is now the default mobile security solution for the major financials in the U.S. Our CTO and Co-Founder worked on energy storage and life support systems for SpaceX for 4 years before moving to Tesla rival Faraday Future, where he served as the Chief Battery Architect.