1. Position Overview
Romeo Power is based in the City of Vernon and our growing Finance team is looking for a stellar Cost Engineer/Financial Analyst. This person will, under limited supervision, further develop Romeo Power’s roadmap to achieving desired product cost targets. This person works cross-functionally to ensure proper gathering of data and assumptions as well as tracking the progress and execution of the roadmap. This person will be expected to be extremely hands on, but also be able to communicate and report to senior leadership in a concise and strategy-oriented manner. This role coordinates, directs and leads estimating efforts to ensure optimum product pricing as well as financial estimation of projects and programs to ensure Romeo Power meets customer expectations while achieving desired profitability.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing cost estimates per product drawing and/or Bill of Material (BOM) related to products currently in development for production, in prototype stage, or in preliminary spec definition stage.
- Work with Finance Specialist in supporting the customer quotation process by providing price floors that meet company margin targets. Advises of potential manufacturing and/or pricing problems and capital investment requirements, as applicable.
- Responsible for maintaining and tracking product cost targets with guidance from Procurement, Engineering, Product/Program management, and Finance leadership.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and reporting product cost target achievement roadmap, with assistance from Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Procurement, and others. Cost tracking achievement roadmap is needed for total product cost — down to commodity category and individual part components in the BOM.
- Responsible for generating, maintaining, and tracking budgets/financial plan for program/projects related to product development, prototype delivery, and advancing core technology development.
- Interfaces on a regular basis with various departments; i.e., Design and Manufacturing Engineering, Product/Program Management, Commercial Ops, and Purchasing at all levels of management. Provides accurate and timely service to these internal customers.
- Takes part of the Engineering Changer Order (ECR) process and validates and signs off on cost impact.
- Other as assigned that might pertain to financial analysis related to Engineering spending or decisions that will have future impact on cost as well as supporting implementation, improvement and/or reporting of KPIs
- Recent cost estimating experience
- Engineering background preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience
- Strong machining and fabrication background, preferably in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to operate computer and use different types of programs (spreadsheets, word processing, presentations)
- Have in depth knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of all conventional and CNC machines, TIG, plasma and electron beam welding equipment.
- Must be able to correctly interpret engineering and tool designs
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Honesty, integrity and personal accountability
- Strong customer service orientation
- Positive leadership style and ability to create a high morale environment
- Autonomous, self‐starter
- Superior planner and organizer
- Holds self and others accountable
- Demonstrated achievement orientation
- Ability to facilitate and support growth of team members
- Works effectively and productively with others
- Strong overall leadership skills/interpersonal skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Bias to action
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Romeo Power is a startup company located in Vernon, CA. just south of Downtown L.A., we design, and manufacture EV battery technology for various electric mobility platforms. Several of our talented staff come from Tesla, SpaceX, Faraday Future, Karma and other known unique and powerful companies. We are a group of highly-motivated and extremely talented staff that is set on launching products that will revolutionize the EV battery industry in power density.
4380 Ayers Ave.
Vernon, CA 90058
Romeo Power’s founders have a track record for success. Our CEO’s previous startup is now the default mobile security solution for the major financials in the U.S. Our CTO and Co-Founder worked on energy storage and life support systems for SpaceX for 4 years before moving to Tesla rival Faraday Future, where he served as the Chief Battery Architect.