Electrical Engineering Technician
1. Position Overview
Romeo Power Technology is looking for a highly motivated Electrical Engineering Technician to join our growing team in the Los Angeles, CA area. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, this person will use their knowledge and experience working with wiring, electronics and control systems to contribute directly to the design and development of battery modules and packs, electronic assemblies, harnesses, PCBA’s, and components.
This is a hands-on position with plenty of responsibility for the successful delivery of leading-edge energy storage solutions in the Electric Vehicle, Consumer, and Industrial markets. The environment is fast-paced and requires the application of critical thinking in demanding situations.
- Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance and resolution when electrical or engineering problems are encountered before, during, and after construction.
- Assemble electrical and electronic systems and prototypes according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical principles, using hand tools and measuring instruments.
- Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions, and record results.
- Provide support to manufacturing team.
- Respond quickly to all engineering requests and efficiently fabricate electrical systems.
- Work rapidly without compromising quality.
- Communicate estimated timelines to those impacted.
- Commit to compliance with all safety standard and regulations at all times.
- Troubleshoot all problems effectively, performing quality, lasting product.
- Maintain all equipment in excellent working order.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Basic Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required, degree in electrical engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as an electrical technician.
- Electrical system integration experience using knowledge of, wire harness design / 3D routing, high voltage DC systems UL, NEC, IEC, etc. code compliance.
- Working knowledge of Li-ion batteries and Battery Management Systems a plus.
- Hands-on experience in electromechanical system assemblies, PCB assembly, wire harness fabrication, including. troubleshooting of electronic assemblies and mechanical systems.
- Soldering through hole and SMT components.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention-to-detail, and multi-tasking capability.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Romeo Power is a startup company located in Vernon, CA. just south of Downtown L.A., we design, and manufacture EV battery technology for various electric mobility platforms. Several of our talented staff come from Tesla, SpaceX, Faraday Future, Karma and other known unique and powerful companies. We are a group of highly-motivated and extremely talented staff that is set on launching products that will revolutionize the EV battery industry in power density.
4380 Ayers Ave.
Vernon, CA 90058
Romeo Power’s founders have a track record for success. Our CEO’s previous startup is now the default mobile security solution for the major financials in the U.S. Our CTO and Co-Founder worked on energy storage and life support systems for SpaceX for 4 years before moving to Tesla rival Faraday Future, where he served as the Chief Battery Architect.