Electrical Systems Integration Design Engineer
1. Position Overview
Romeo Power Technology is looking for a highly motivated, Electrical Systems Integration Design Engineer to join our growing team in the Los Angeles, CA area. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, this person will use their systems-level understanding of electronics and controls to oversee, direct, guide and contribute directly to the design and development of battery modules and packs, electronic assemblies, harnesses, PCBA’s, and components.
This is a hands-on position with plenty of responsibility for the successful delivery of leading-edge energy storage solutions in the Electric Vehicle, Consumer, and Industrial markets. The environment is fast-paced and requires the application of critical thinking in demanding situations.
- Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Integrate subsystems (mechanical, electrical, controls, software, etc.) and components into a fully functional system.
- Verify and validate system performance through testing.
- Develop system architecture, design, development, test, and integration of system components, including electrical and mechanical interfaces.
- Operate within a cross functional team, understand the needs and requirements of internal stakeholders in addition to our external customers.
- Analyze engineering requirements to ensure compliance, and determine the impact of changes to requirements.
- Resolve system-level issues and achieve system compliance on time and within budget.
- Identify/specify parts, components, and assemblies.
- Lead cost and yield-improvement eﬀorts.
- Develop in process test procedures, analyze data and make recommendations for changes required in manufacturing processes, data management.
- Drive compliance and certiﬁcation eﬀorts.
- Create documentation of electronic assembly and test procedures.
- Act as a liaison with engineering in developing validation tests, test speciﬁcations, and in-line test equipment.
- Provide support to manufacturing team ensuring a smooth transition from engineering to production.
- Basic Qualifications
- BS in electrical engineering or related discipline (CS, EE). MS preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience with a wide ranging electromechanical background in the automotive or mechatronic industry is highly desirable.
- Electrical system integration experience using knowledge of, wire harness design / 3D routing, digital and analog circuit design and PCB layout, power electronics integration, high voltage DC systems.
- UL, NEC, IEC, etc. code compliance.
- Knowledge of MATLAB , Smilulink and Simscape.
- Scripting knowledge in python, CAPL.
- CAN bus knowledge and associated tools like PAN, CANAlyzer.
- Working knowledge of Li-ion batteries and Battery Management Systems a plus.
- Hands-on experience in electromechanical system assemblies, PCB assembly, wire harness fabrication, including troubleshooting of electronic assemblies and mechanical systems.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention-to-detail, and multi-tasking capability.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Romeo Power is a startup company located in Vernon, CA. just south of Downtown L.A., we design, and manufacture EV battery technology for various electric mobility platforms. Several of our talented staff come from Tesla, SpaceX, Faraday Future, Karma and other known unique and powerful companies. We are a group of highly-motivated and extremely talented staff that is set on launching products that will revolutionize the EV battery industry in power density.
4380 Ayers Ave.
Vernon, CA 90058
Romeo Power’s founders have a track record for success. Our CEO’s previous startup is now the default mobile security solution for the major financials in the U.S. Our CTO and Co-Founder worked on energy storage and life support systems for SpaceX for 4 years before moving to Tesla rival Faraday Future, where he served as the Chief Battery Architect.