1. Position Overview
Romeo Power Technology is looking to hire talented electrical engineer for consumer products division to help design and build state of the art consumer products.
- Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Designs electronic circuits, boards, and systems, and oversees their complete lifecycle, from concept to finished documentation to construction to test
- Selects key components by evaluating performance data and weighing product priorities (cost, size, weight, performance, etc.)
- Validates electronic hardware by bench-testing, and debugging hardware issues
- Conducts design reviews to brief stakeholders on product development plans
- Works with other engineers on the product team to develop products
- Works with project management to set milestones and determine schedule, and provides regular progress reports
- Develops and writes test plans, works with test teams, evaluates test results, and proposes improvements and corrective action
- Evaluates products for compliance with regulatory requirements (radiated/conducted emissions, safety) and directs testing to test/demonstrate compliance
- Works with contract manufacturers to resolve production and testing issues to ensure smooth delivery of quality product
- Documents product changes by writing Engineering Change Orders, and reviews and approves ECOs written by others
- Directs, reviews the work of, and offers constructive criticism to other engineers
- Oversees the work of PCB designers and technicians
- Evaluates employment candidates
- Basic Qualifications
- Has experience designing systems with embedded microcontrollers and associated peripherals
- Is knowledgeable of common digital communications (e.g., i2c, SPI, UART, etc.) Is able to design, analyze, and troubleshoot common analog circuits (transistors, op-amps, RC filters, etc.).
- Has experience designing systems with switch-mode power supplies
- Has experience with circuit simulation (SPICE, etc.)
- Is adept with common electronics lab equipment (e.g., oscilloscopes, multi-meters, bench power supplies, spectrum analyzers, etc.)
- Is knowledgeable of printed circuit board fabrication, assembly, and test
- Has ability to perform common soldering and electronic prototyping work
- Is proficient in schematic capture (preferably with Altium)
- Is proficient in PCB layout (preferably with Altium)
- BSEE (or equivalent)/MSEE a plus
- 5+ years experience
4380 Ayers Ave.
Vernon, CA 90058
Romeo Power’s founders have a track record for success. Our CEO’s previous startup is now the default mobile security solution for the major financials in the U.S. Our CTO and Co-Founder worked on energy storage and life support systems for SpaceX for 4 years before moving to Tesla rival Faraday Future, where he served as the Chief Battery Architect.