Embedded Software Engineer
1. Position Overview
As an Embedded Software Engineer in Battery Management System Embedded Software group, you will be working alongside our highly-motivated and extremely talented staff. On our team you won’t follow a path that somebody has set for you, you will forge your own. We are looking for critical thinkers with drive and passion for what they do. You will tackle brand new challenges and grow in ways you cannot imagine.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Create elegant & efficient embedded software components and interfaces
- Work with hardware and test equipment to verify software operation
- Evaluate technical challenges using critical thinking and come up with the best solution
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Embedded software development experience (2+ years preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar
- Fluency in state-of-the-art embedded software practices using the C programming language
- Strong background in software component design and testing
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to be highly effective in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
- Proficiency in version control software processes and techniques (git & git workflows)
- Experience using CAN protocol tools such as: CANalyzer, CANAPE, and PCAN explorer
- Experience with task management tools such as: JIRA
- Experience or familiarity with: ARM, C, C++, python, Linux, GNU tools (make, bash, etc…), compilers
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
4380 Ayers Ave.
Vernon, CA 90058
Romeo Power’s founders have a track record for success. Our CEO’s previous startup is now the default mobile security solution for the major financials in the U.S. Our CTO and Co-Founder worked on energy storage and life support systems for SpaceX for 4 years before moving to Tesla rival Faraday Future, where he served as the Chief Battery Architect.