Equipment Maintenance Technician
1. Position Overview
The successful Maintenance Equipment Technician candidate will have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be able to perform daily tasks required to ensure the operational availability of production equipment. He/she will have a working knowledge of industrial maintenance, encompassing many of the following areas:
- Electrical troubleshooting using schematics
- PLC: troubleshooting and programming. Allen Bradley or Siemens
- Robotics programming or troubleshooting
- Mechanical aptitude
- Welding ability
- Hydraulics/Pneumatics troubleshooting using prints
- Machining: NC machine tools; mill, lathe, saws, grinding equipment
- CNC machines
- Conveyor systems
- Ovens or furnaces
- Vibe Tables
- Test Equipment
The successful candidate must be dedicated to perform the daily tasks / TPM / PM and follow up actions required under the direction of the Sustaining Equipment Engineer. Moreover, they must be dedicated to conducting the routine actions and documenting any / all abnormalities. They will be integral to driving equipment OEE improvements to meet the production requirements.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with the Sustaining Equipment Engineer on the day to day equipment TPM / PM activities to ensure operational availability including but not limited to responses to alarms, breakdowns, and production requests quickly and efficiently to minimize downtime.
- Oversee analysis and adjustment of maintenance practices and procedures and Preventative Maintenance Schedules
- Be a key contributor in continuous improvement processes to improve machine uptime and reduce machine breakdowns
- Troubleshoot equipment breakdowns and quality issues
- Train and develop team members
- Create, modify, and implement PM documents and schedules, under the direction of the Sustaining Equipment Engineer.
- Perform major equipment repairs and rebuilds, (some weekends and holidays required).
- Design, fabricate, implement, and fully document equipment improvements and modifications.
- 2+ years of extensive experience maintaining industrial equipment and automation or equivalent preferred.
- Must have expertise in one trade, proficiency in others, and the willingness to learn additional.
- Ability to lead others to achieve company goals
- Experience creating & maintaining a positive atmosphere in a collaborative work team.
- Skilled with common workplace software (MS Word, Excel. PowerPoint etc).
- PLC and Robot programming skills is a benefit.
- BS Degree in Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering (Other Technical Disciplines Encouraged to apply)
- Enjoys Troubleshooting and Problem Solving
- Skilled with the use of a variety of hand and portable tools, as well as general machining and welding.
- Able to read and interpret basic mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Willing to perform shift work(nights) and overtime as required. Low Ego and a Good Attitude. No Sense of Entitlement.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Romeo Power is a startup company located in Vernon, CA. just south of Downtown L.A., we design, and manufacture EV battery technology for various electric mobility platforms. Several of our talented staff come from Tesla, SpaceX, Faraday Future, Karma and other known unique and powerful companies. We are a group of highly-motivated and extremely talented staff that is set on launching products that will revolutionize the EV battery industry in power density.
4380 Ayers Ave.
Vernon, CA 90058
Romeo Power’s founders have a track record for success. Our CEO’s previous startup is now the default mobile security solution for the major financials in the U.S. Our CTO and Co-Founder worked on energy storage and life support systems for SpaceX for 4 years before moving to Tesla rival Faraday Future, where he served as the Chief Battery Architect.