Manager, Electromechanical Design
1. Position Overview
The Manager of Electromechanical Design at Romeo Power will guide mechanical designs and engineering process across all product development efforts on the team. To build our battery modules at high quality, and high volumes, Romeo Power leverages cutting-edge technology, advanced manufacturing, and best-in-class design. The ideal candidate for this position will be in an expert in these categories, enabling our internal engineering teams, supporting Electric Vehicle and Stationary Storage business units, and external production partners to ship products that meet this high standard. The individual will take best practices from the world’s largest industries (automotive, consumer electronics, automation, software) and create new ones as necessary to enable us to build battery module products that are safer, more capable, and more durable than anything that exists now.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Be the day-to-day lead of the Electromechanical Design Team for battery modules and packs
- Own the structure and growth of the team, guiding the expertise individual engineers need develop to continually deliver the best-in-class battery modules and packs
- Be a subject matter expert on all relevant manufacturing processes – extrusion, forging, hydroforming, milling, stamping, die casting, injection molding, coating, plating, bonding, welding, and final assembly (manual + robotic)
- Lead a fast & modern engineering process that positions the team to dynamically respond to new technologies, market pivots, and emerging opportunities while maintaining quality and a rapid release cycle
- Work closely with supply chain, quality, testing and, validation teams to ensure our product is built to withstand years of rigorous automotive use – and that we can ramp to tens of thousands of units of production while maintaining that same quality
- Interface with New Technology and Applications teams to guide early conversations with potential customers, negotiate space claims, and drive product requirements
- Facilitate all requirements and feedback from thermal, electrical, structures and stress specialty groups into product designs
- Drive collaboration with manufacturing engineering and production teams on a constant basis to produce highly manufacturable, repeatable designs
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 7+ years in the mechanical engineering field
- 3+ years managing engineering teams and shipping products
- Significant experience implementing & running engineering process: NPIs & staged development schedules (EVT/DVT/PVT/Ramp), ECOs, BOM management, etc
- CAD and PLM software experience: CATIA, Solidworks, Enovia
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- CATIA V6
- Experience in the automotive, consumer electronics, batteries, and industrial products fields
- The ability to make decisions quickly, communicate effectively, own mistakes while recovering from them gracefully, and lead with humility
- Strong writing skills
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Romeo Power is a startup company located in Vernon, CA. just south of Downtown L.A., we design, and manufacture EV battery technology for various electric mobility platforms. Several of our talented staff come from Tesla, SpaceX, Faraday Future, Karma and other known unique and powerful companies. We are a group of highly-motivated and extremely talented staff that is set on launching products that will revolutionize the EV battery industry in power density.
4380 Ayers Ave.
Vernon, CA 90058
Romeo Power’s founders have a track record for success. Our CEO’s previous startup is now the default mobile security solution for the major financials in the U.S. Our CTO and Co-Founder worked on energy storage and life support systems for SpaceX for 4 years before moving to Tesla rival Faraday Future, where he served as the Chief Battery Architect.