Manufacturing Test Engineer
1. Position Overview
The Manufacturing Test Engineer’s key function is to contribute to solutions in test design, system configuration and construction, maintenance, calibration, and upgrades, for production level products and PCBA testing, under the direction of the Director of Manufacturing Engineering.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, build and construct in-house test platforms, perform system debug and maintenance of test systems for Romeo Power.
- Creation of test system documentation, equipment operating procedures, and test reports.
- Help to define validation test strategies from concept design, part selection, final system integration and debug, through continuous life cycle support.
- Help define calibration methods and perform calibrations as needed.
- Maintain parts list, order tracking and follow up with purchasing to ensure timely acquisition of all parts.
- Define lead times for parts ordering and determine worst case critical lead time to ensure project success.
- Design harnessing and test fixtures, such as bed of nails/pogo pins setups.
- The Test Engineer is responsible for the test system hardware and working with engineering to find and develop production ready testing solutions.
- The Test Engineer collaborates with other Engineering groups and works cross functionally to identify appropriate test methodologies and resolve problems associated with fully testing the functionality of Romeo Power products.
- Additional areas of responsibility include:
- Performing tests on production PCBA parts from inventory, firmware team regression tests, hardware team for design validation using Validation team test systems.
- Assisting with test case development, estimating work effort, drawing and schematic documentation.
- Maintaining equipment lists, securing vital equipment in team storage each day, ordering parts and maintaining records of orders per project.
- Soldering, wiring, system wire routing, test system construction.
- An Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology degree, or an Electronics Technical school degree, and 3 to 5 years of experience in test design, system wiring, & test construction.
- Experience with programming languages, especially with C++ or Python
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet exacting deadlines.
- Able to understand schematics, wiring diagrams, and test flow diagrams to better facilitate test development.
- Ability to document your work and organize the project artifacts.
- Ability to critique your own work and those of the team.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Romeo Power is a startup company located in Vernon, CA. just south of Downtown L.A., we design, and manufacture EV battery technology for various electric mobility platforms. Several of our talented staff come from Tesla, SpaceX, Faraday Future, Karma and other known unique and powerful companies. We are a group of highly-motivated and extremely talented staff that is set on launching products that will revolutionize the EV battery industry in power density.
4380 Ayers Ave.
Vernon, CA 90058
Romeo Power’s founders have a track record for success. Our CEO’s previous startup is now the default mobile security solution for the major financials in the U.S. Our CTO and Co-Founder worked on energy storage and life support systems for SpaceX for 4 years before moving to Tesla rival Faraday Future, where he served as the Chief Battery Architect.