Manufacturing Test Engineer
1. Position Overview
In this role, you will lead the development, deployment, validation and support of automated test systems while working with design engineers, test system vendors and contract manufacturers. You will report to the Director of Manufacturing Engineering.
- Key Roles and Responsibilities
- You are responsible for:
- Develop test set hardware and integrate mechanical, electrical, and software functions including, but not restricted to, equipment communication and test set construction, while generating the associated documentation.
- Develop, troubleshoot, and update manufacturing software using Ignition, National Instruments LabWindows/CVI, LabView.
- Work with design engineers in understanding testing needs during product development to determine adequate test coverage and to ensure that products are designed for testability/ manufacturability.
- Manage the onsite validation of test systems at both the test system vendors and contract manufacturers as required.
- Work with Quality department and contract manufacturers to validate local test and manufacturing processes.
- Support the failure investigation of factory and field rejects and assure appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Identify gaps in the testing of current products and take appropriate steps to improve test coverage
- Basic Qualifications
- To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Experience with automated test equipment used in production testing.
- Proficient in Python programming language with experience on a Raspberry Pi platform.
- Experience with HMI/SCADA programs such as Ignition, Lab View or Factory Talk.
- Experience with PLC’s such as Allen Bradley ControlLogix.
- Working knowledge of CAN busses, IEEE-488 and SCIPI, RS-232/422, ModBus and Ethernet interfaces.
- Good working knowledge of digital and analog circuits
- Ability to create a process flowchart and properly document.
- Willing to work long hours to support production requirements.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Strong task ownership and a high level of accountabilityWe are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
4380 Ayers Ave.
Vernon, CA 90058
Romeo Power’s founders have a track record for success. Our CEO’s previous startup is now the default mobile security solution for the major financials in the U.S. Our CTO and Co-Founder worked on energy storage and life support systems for SpaceX for 4 years before moving to Tesla rival Faraday Future, where he served as the Chief Battery Architect.