1. Position Overview
Applicant should have an engineering background with a good understanding of mechanical fundamentals (thermal, stress) and some knowledge in electrical fundamentals. The ideal candidate will be a generalist with a competent understanding of physics and dynamics and should be able to integrate complex electromechanical / mechanical systems. This role is responsible for a broad range of mechanical engineering tasks. Typical assignments will include the execution of design and integration at the system and component level.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Design automotive parts and assemblies in Catia V6
- Ownership of component and/or system delivery from conception, design, manufacturing readiness, assembly, and production launch through EVT, DVT and PVT.
- Design of electromechanical or mechanical systems with interaction across multiple engineering disciplines
- Reading and interpreting engineering specifications
- Structural design optimization
- Generate detailed design and technical drawings of systems, components, and interfaces
- Engineering support of component manufacturing and build activities
- Engineering support of development testing
- Exposure to various manufacturing techniques (machining, casting, extrusions, injection molding, stamping). Understanding of coating, plating, bonding and welding processes.
- Presentation of designs, results and recommendations to internal teams
- Work collaboratively across multiple engineering disciplines including stress, thermal, electrical and manufacturing engineering
- BS in engineering required
- 1-5 years of direct engineering experience within the automotive or aerospace industry and/or engineering services is preferred
- Proficiency in Catia V6 or Solidworks
- Working knowledge of engineering principles (thermal, stress, materials) and competent analytical problem-solving skills
- Experience designing high-voltage / high-power electromechanical components and assemblies
- Experience working with manufacturing engineers and the design-for-manufacturing iteration loop
- Proficiency in tolerance stack-up analysis involving multiple components of various materials
- Ability to apply GD&T to component designs and assemblies per ASME Y14.5-2009
- Experience using MS Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project)
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate attention to quality, timing, awareness of budget constraints, and other program management considerations
- Enjoy working in a startup type of engineering environment
- Hands on build experience
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Romeo Power is a startup company located in Vernon, CA. just south of Downtown L.A., we design, and manufacture EV battery technology for various electric mobility platforms. Several of our talented staff come from Tesla, SpaceX, Faraday Future, Karma and other known unique and powerful companies. We are a group of highly-motivated and extremely talented staff that is set on launching products that will revolutionize the EV battery industry in power density.
4380 Ayers Ave.
Vernon, CA 90058
Romeo Power’s founders have a track record for success. Our CEO’s previous startup is now the default mobile security solution for the major financials in the U.S. Our CTO and Co-Founder worked on energy storage and life support systems for SpaceX for 4 years before moving to Tesla rival Faraday Future, where he served as the Chief Battery Architect.