1. Position Overview
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Logistics Operations, the Packaging Engineer’s role is responsible for will be responsible for conducting a first principles based understanding, evaluating, and specifying and prototyping packaging requirements for Romeo Power’s parts that may be sourced and/or distributed from external Suppliers in addition to internal requirements. The incumbent will work with General Assembly Parts Requirements (Presentation, QPC, Quality, etc.) and work in conjunction with the rest of the Manufacturing, Materials Management, Test, Consumer Products, Logistics and New Product Introduction (NPI) teams to define and specify applicable packaging requirements.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Specify Packaging Requirements for Romeo Power parts and modules
- Interface with Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, New Product Introduction(NPI), and Logistics team(s) to intercept and design new Package(s) for ongoing changes.
- Proactively monitor to ensure that existing packaging solutions are meeting specified KPI’s.
- Communicate Engineering requirements between Supply Chain and Purchasing to facilitate material planning.
- Consolidate inputs from across Romeo Power into executive reviews highlighting risks and opportunities.
- Designs and develops protective packaging containers, dunnage and unique shipping racks – domestic and international.
- Creates drawings, specifications, samples, and written analyses of packaging for approvals.
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to determine physical requirements, quality, safety and materials needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing, Engineering, Packaging or equivalent work experience with evidence of exceptional ability.
- 5 years’ Packaging experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able to accommodate change to scope, timeline, or focus without sacrificing execution.
- Adept at communicating technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Capable of creating written reports, proposals and project documentation that speaks to all levels of audience.
- Knowledge of logistics, transportation alternatives and customer expectations.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, product designs, safety, quality and workflow needs.
- Knowledge of / experience in packaging testing related to lithium ion batteries
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Romeo Power is a startup company located in Vernon, CA. just south of Downtown L.A., we design, and manufacture EV battery technology for various electric mobility platforms. Several of our talented staff come from Tesla, SpaceX, Faraday Future, Karma and other known unique and powerful companies. We are a group of highly-motivated and extremely talented staff that is set on launching products that will revolutionize the EV battery industry in power density.
4380 Ayers Ave.
Vernon, CA 90058
Romeo Power’s founders have a track record for success. Our CEO’s previous startup is now the default mobile security solution for the major financials in the U.S. Our CTO and Co-Founder worked on energy storage and life support systems for SpaceX for 4 years before moving to Tesla rival Faraday Future, where he served as the Chief Battery Architect.