1. Position Overview
The Reliability Engineer will be responsible for reliability activities ranging from products at the early concept phase to mass production and field tracking..
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Strong background in the Lithium Ion Battery Module and Pack industry preferred.
- Utilize reliability statistics to identify reliability trends in the field and provide a clear snapshot of risk.
- Create comprehensive test plans, test standards, and procedures.
- Determine Sample sizes for EVT, DVT, and PVT Testing.
- Develop and manage KPIs for product reliability.
- Drive focus and priorities for cross functional teams that work on resolving reliability issues.
- Create warranty and end of life forecasts to provide visibility to finance, service, manufacturing, re-manufacturing, purchasing, supply chain and other teams that are impacted from field replacements.
- Identify data metric to create reliability analyses, ranging from simple time or miles analysis to big data physics of failure driven metrics.
- Initiate and manage root cause investigations for reliability issues, with major focus on a data driven approach.
- Set Reliability goals for products and their subsystems in the field and measure against progress.
- Analyze usage and environmental conditions from the field in order to improve requirement setting and testing methods.
- Create Fault Trees and reliability block diagrams to assess system reliability.
- Utilize failure analysis to understand root cause and drive resolution for failures originating from the field. Work with manufacturing quality, engineering, supplier quality; and design teams to facilitate field failure resolution.
- Conduct in-depth Life Data Analyses (e.g. Weibull) in order to support investigations.
- Provide reliability design and process guidelines based on field findings and maintain a knowledge base of reliability lessons learned to enable continuous improvement.
- Facilitate Design FMEA meetings in cases where reliability improvement for an existing product is required.
- Set up Designed Experiments (DOE) to support field issue replication and countermeasure efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Materials Engineering with 5 Years of Experience.
- Or Master’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Materials Engineering with 5 Years of Experience.
- Or 10 years of experience as a Reliability Engineer.
- Battery test experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Expert in the use of Reliasoft and Minitab
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet exacting deadlines.
- Able to capture data, write test reports, and communicate any test issue.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Romeo Power is a startup company located in Vernon, CA. just south of Downtown L.A., we design, and manufacture EV battery technology for various electric mobility platforms. Several of our talented staff come from Tesla, SpaceX, Faraday Future, Karma and other known unique and powerful companies. We are a group of highly-motivated and extremely talented staff that is set on launching products that will revolutionize the EV battery industry in power density.
4380 Ayers Ave.
Vernon, CA 90058
Romeo Power’s founders have a track record for success. Our CEO’s previous startup is now the default mobile security solution for the major financials in the U.S. Our CTO and Co-Founder worked on energy storage and life support systems for SpaceX for 4 years before moving to Tesla rival Faraday Future, where he served as the Chief Battery Architect.