Senior Accounting Manager
1. Position Overview
The Senior Accounting Manager will be responsible for maintaining the company’s accounting processes in compliance with GAAP. This includes managing general accounting, cost accounting, property accounting, general ledger entries, account reconciliations, account balances, program and overhead allocations, financial statements generation and reporting, tax compliance, and completion of external and internal audits. The work performed requires a high degree of accuracy, speed and ability to assume responsibility and exercise judgment.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepares monthly consolidated financial statements, including preparing and entering journal entries
- Develops and drives financial policies, internal controls, and procedures that follow GAAP and SOX compliance
- Manages the monthly, quarterly and year-end accounting close process by preparing monthly journal entries and account reconciliations with supporting documentation and detail
- Oversees and assists in reconciling the bank balances with GL cash balance, AP and AR subledgers with the general ledger, inventory subledger with the general ledger, inventory reserve, revenue recognition, calculating and recording prepaids, accruals and overhead allocations
- Oversees and assists in the evaluation of COGS variances and identifies any portion to be reflected in on-hand inventory value as well as analyzing and reviewing inventory transactions and costs
- Conducts variance analysis on general ledger accounts and identifies and resolves discrepancies as needed
- Oversees the end-to-end fixed asset process and reconciliation. Determines depreciation rates to apply to capitalized items and advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax revisions as recommended by outside tax group
- Manages ERP accounting changes, processes and activities
- Audits and tests business information procedures and processes; recommends efficiency improvements
- Coordinates all monthly, quarterly and year-end tax processes and ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Coordinates external and internal financial audits and drives resolution of issues identified
- Stays current with GAAP rules and the most efficient accounting methodology
- Assists in the development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization
- Assists in the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, instituting and maintaining planning and control procedures (including the cost accounting system) and analyzing and reporting variances
- Has advanced knowledge of accounting systems and can identify and resolve root causes of system issues as it relates to general ledger activities. Works closely with other department groups on problems involving the accounting systems
- Assesses adequacy of policies, procedures and controls and implements improvements as needed. Helps drive efficiency and optimization and communicates these processes effectively to the team and throughout the business
- Supervises assigned accounting staff, providing training and coaching
- Provides ad-hoc reports and support for ad-hoc projects and analysis as needed
- Minimum BS degree in accounting or Finance and be a CPA
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Accounting principles and procedures
- Experienced in manufacturing/cost accounting
- Experienced in preparation of financial statements
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- Experience with ERP systems
- Experience with Excel including pivot tables, v-lookup, conditional statements, macros
- Audit experience, ideally running audits in public accounting
- Significant experience in tax matters
- Working knowledge of IFRS
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail and the ability to focus on big picture issues.
- Experience with Plex system
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong people skills
- Hands on and detail-oriented management style
- Experience building accounting processes and procedures
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude
- Able to maintain confidential information
- Top notch organization skills
- Able to manage multiple competing priorities
- Proactive approach and good problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Romeo Power is a startup company located in Vernon, CA. just south of Downtown L.A., we design, and manufacture EV battery technology for various electric mobility platforms. Several of our talented staff come from Tesla, SpaceX, Faraday Future, Karma and other known unique and powerful companies. We are a group of highly-motivated and extremely talented staff that is set on launching products that will revolutionize the EV battery industry in power density.
4380 Ayers Ave.
Vernon, CA 90058
Romeo Power’s founders have a track record for success. Our CEO’s previous startup is now the default mobile security solution for the major financials in the U.S. Our CTO and Co-Founder worked on energy storage and life support systems for SpaceX for 4 years before moving to Tesla rival Faraday Future, where he served as the Chief Battery Architect.