Senior Electronics Engineer
1. Position Overview
Romeo Power Technology is looking for a highly motivated, Sr. Electronics Engineer to join our growing team in the Los Angeles, CA area. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, this person will use his/her systems-level understanding of electronics and controls to oversee, direct, guide and contribute directly to the design and development of battery modules and packs, electronic assemblies, harnesses, PCBA’s, and components.
This is a hands-on position with plenty of responsibility for the successful delivery of leading-edge energy storage solutions in the Electric Vehicle, Consumer, and Industrial markets. The environment is fast-paced and requires the application of critical thinking in demanding situations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Conceptualize and articulate innovative Lithium-ion battery solutions to applications such as Electric Vehicle, Industrial, Energy Storage, Emergency Power System, Mining Vehicle, UAV, etc.
- Focus on development of low and high voltage/power battery management systems
- Design and develop high quality analog measurement circuits and advanced digital circuits including A/D, D/A conversion, optical sensors, etc
- Perform design simulation, schematic capture and PCB layout
- Bring-up and debug of PCBA for product development mass production and test fixture assemblies
- Support embedded firmware development for our cutting-edge battery management systems
- System level integration and support of design validation and production
- Develop in process test procedures, compile data, and make recommendations for changes required in manufacturing processes, data management
- Drive compliance and certification efforts
- Act a liaison with engineering in developing validation tests, test specifications, and in-line test equipment
- Interface with quality engineers and safety engineer to ensure design and product quality and safety
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing systems with embedded microcontrollers and associated peripherals
- Microcontroller programming experience (Arduino, ARM, STM32, PIC)
- Has experience designing systems with switch-mode power supplies
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout
- Has worked with electronics equipment (oscilloscopes, multi-meters, bench power supplies, spectrum analyzers)
- Experience with circuit simulation (SPICE, etc)
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in automotive, batteries, or energy storage industries
- Proficient using Altium
- Experience diagnosing and debugging electronics and mechanical systems to the lowest level (PCBA & small components)
- Has performed common soldering and electronic prototyping work
- Proven experience of being a self-starter
- Must be detail oriented and have a passion to learn, grow, and achieve
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Romeo Power is a startup company located in Vernon, CA. just south of Downtown L.A., we design, and manufacture EV battery technology for various electric mobility platforms. Several of our talented staff come from Tesla, SpaceX, Faraday Future, Karma and other known unique and powerful companies. We are a group of highly-motivated and extremely talented staff that is set on launching products that will revolutionize the EV battery industry in power density.
4380 Ayers Ave.
Vernon, CA 90058
Romeo Power’s founders have a track record for success. Our CEO’s previous startup is now the default mobile security solution for the major financials in the U.S. Our CTO and Co-Founder worked on energy storage and life support systems for SpaceX for 4 years before moving to Tesla rival Faraday Future, where he served as the Chief Battery Architect.