Senior Embedded Software Engineer
1. Position Overview
Romeo Power is a mid-size startup located in Vernon, CA., just south of Downtown L.A. We design and manufacture EV battery technology for various electric mobility platforms. Several of our talented staff come from Tesla, SpaceX, Faraday Future, Karma and other known unique and powerful companies. We are a group of highly-motivated and extremely talented staff that is set on launching products that will revolutionize the EV industry.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and develop portable and configurable code for a battery management system.
- Evaluate and recommend tools for firmware development
- Core, end-user software & security maintenance: Deploy and provide feedback end-user updates across device types, to maximize continuity, security, and efficiency.
- 5+ years of embedded software development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar.
- Familiarity with RTOS fundamentals.
- Experience in embedded software development tools such as compilers, debuggers, and emulators.
- Proficient with serial communication protocols such as CAN, LIN, SPI, I2C, and UART.
- Ability to debug firmware and dive into the hardware (reading schematic, hardware bring up, measurement equipment, etc.).
- Experience working with version control software such as Git.
- Device driver development.
- Understanding of CAN J1939 SAE Standards, CANopen.
- Experience using CAN protocol tools such as CANalyzer, CANAPE, and PCAN explorer.
- Experience with task management tools such as JIRA.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Romeo Power’s founders have a track record for success. Our CEO’s previous startup is now the default mobile security solution for the major financials in the U.S. Our CTO and Co-Founder worked on energy storage and life support systems for SpaceX for 4 years before moving to Tesla rival Faraday Future, where he served as the Chief Battery Architect.