Senior Software Engineer
1. Position Overview
We are looking for a software generalist/rockstar to join the Manufacturing Systems team at Romeo Power. You will help develop the internal applications infrastructure for our growing battery manufacturing company. Our team is responsible for feature development and integration with our major software platforms, including Plex, Ignition, Dozuki, and JIRA. In addition, we have multiple home-grown software solutions (primarily built with NodeJS) that we actively develop and maintain.
- Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Rapidly deploying modern front-end user interfaces for use in production.
- Using APIs to transfer data across our enterprise environment.
- Working with Manufacturing Engineering to integrate software systems with production equipment.
- Manipulating large amounts of manufacturing data to create engaging data visualizations.
- Using your creativity to integrate IIoT devices with our business processes.
- Basic Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or comparable professional experience).
- 3-5 years of full stack web development experience.
- 2+ years experience with NodeJS.
- Experience developing and working with APIs and integrated services.
- Experience building small to mid-sized full-stack applications.
- Proficient in SQL (MySQL preferred).
- Experience with writing data models.
- Experience using Git for subversion control.
- Python experience also a plus.
- Experience working with Manufacturing software and frameworks (MES, PLC, SCADA, ERP).
- Experience with a variety of computer & networking protocols like CANBus, RS-232, etc.
- Experience with the Vue/Webpack framework.
- An IT background working with computer hardware in an enterprise environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Romeo Power is a startup company located in Vernon, CA. just south of Downtown L.A., we design, and manufacture EV battery technology for various electric mobility platforms. Several of our talented staff come from Tesla, SpaceX, Faraday Future, Karma and other known unique and powerful companies. We are a group of highly-motivated and extremely talented staff that is set on launching products that will revolutionize the EV battery industry in power density.
4380 Ayers Ave.
Vernon, CA 90058
Romeo Power’s founders have a track record for success. Our CEO’s previous startup is now the default mobile security solution for the major financials in the U.S. Our CTO and Co-Founder worked on energy storage and life support systems for SpaceX for 4 years before moving to Tesla rival Faraday Future, where he served as the Chief Battery Architect.