Technical Sales Engineer
1. Position Overview
The Technical Sales Engineer candidate will focus on representing in a range of Romeo Power’s products and systems in sales and customer facing environments. This individual will lead Electric Vehicle (EV)inquiries and facilitate Energy Storage Systems (ESS) inquiries as required.
The role will require the individual to represent the existing Romeo Power EV and future EV product lines with new customers. This role will also support the sizing of ESS systems as required. The role will be expected to be a lead technical interface for Romeo Power EV systems in a sales environment. This role also includes coordination and facilitation of the input gathering and review process to enable a streamlined, thorough and timely technical response.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Technically lead the evaluation of feasibility and technical inputs of EV & ESS sales opportunities
- Drive the technical review of customer RFIs/RFQs through Technical Sales process
- Accountable for timely delivery of technical inputs required for customer-facing requests
- Provide professional, cognizant technical expertise of Romeo Power systems in customer discussions
- Generate risk assessments of all incoming opportunities as they differ from standards and recommendations
- Establish requirements for new opportunities and support transition to product group
- Attend trade shows and workshops to maintain a strong foothold in market for Romeo Power
- Be a technical voice of customer inside of company: represent the customer’s technical interests at all internal meetings
- Support regular reviews between clients and internal management for their engagements and products
- Support marketing and sales team in generating technical material representing new product
- Occasional travel will be required, providing on-site support to high-value customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in customer-facing roles
- Minimum 3 years of automotive, electric vehicle sector and/or technology products experience
- Experience with MS Office and project management software
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Business
- Proven leadership capability of both teams and customers
- Analytical problem solving, critical thinking, and hands-on approach
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Solid understanding of the multi-disciplinary technical information
- Initiative taker, eager to break new ground, create opportunities for the team
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex information and ideas effectively, both verbally and written
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Romeo Power is a startup company located in Vernon, CA. just south of Downtown L.A., we design, and manufacture EV battery technology for various electric mobility platforms. Several of our talented staff come from Tesla, SpaceX, Faraday Future, Karma and other known unique and powerful companies. We are a group of highly-motivated and extremely talented staff that is set on launching products that will revolutionize the EV battery industry in power density.
4380 Ayers Ave.
Vernon, CA 90058
Romeo Power’s founders have a track record for success. Our CEO’s previous startup is now the default mobile security solution for the major financials in the U.S. Our CTO and Co-Founder worked on energy storage and life support systems for SpaceX for 4 years before moving to Tesla rival Faraday Future, where he served as the Chief Battery Architect.