Test Systems Engineer
1. Position Overview
The Test Systems Engineer’s key function is to contribute to solutions in test design, construction, maintenance, calibrations, & upgrades, for Hardware and Firmware tests, plus PCBA manufacturing test needs, under the direction of the Senior Manager of Validation Engineering.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Support in test system design and integration in conjunction with and Test Architect and Test Developers.
- Design and Build and construct in-house test platforms, perform system debug and maintenance of all test systems for Romeo Power.
- Creation of test system documentation, equipment operating procedures, and test reports.
- Help to define validation test strategies from concept design, part selection, final system integration and debug, through continuous life cycle support.
- Strong background in design/Layout of electronics and component level troubleshooting experience
- Help define calibration methods and perform calibrations as needed.
- Research and source equipment needs based on design requirements.
- Maintain parts list, order tracking and follow up with purchasing to ensure timely acquisition of all parts.
- Define lead times for parts ordering and determine worst case critical lead time to ensure project success.
- Layout circuit designs for signal conditioning for both Analog and Digital Circuits/Schematics. Bread board circuits as needed.
- Design harnessing and test fixtures, such as bed of nails/pogo pins setups.
- The Test Systems Engineer is expected to assume responsibility for the hardware of all test systems and work with engineering and outside sources to find integrated solutions for test systems.
- The Test System Test Systems Engineer is expected to collaborate with other members of Shared Test Services and work cross functionally with other Romeo Power departments, with the Reliability Test/Analysis Group in the organization.
- Additional areas of responsibility include:
- Performing tests for: production PCBA parts from inventory, firmware team regression tests, hardware team for design validation using Validation team test systems.
- Assisting with test case development, estimating work effort, drawing and schematic documentation.
- Maintaining equipment lists, securing vital equipment in team storage each day, ordering parts and maintaining records of orders per project.
- Soldering, wiring, system wire routing, test system construction.
- Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, an Electronics Technical school degree, and 3 to 5 years’ experience in test design, electronics layout, system wiring, & test construction.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet exacting deadlines.
- Able to understand schematics, wiring diagrams, and test flow diagrams to better facilitate code development.
- Ability to document your work and organize the project artifacts.
- Ability to critique your own work and those of the team.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Romeo Power is a startup company located in Vernon, CA. just south of Downtown L.A., we design, and manufacture EV battery technology for various electric mobility platforms. Several of our talented staff come from Tesla, SpaceX, Faraday Future, Karma and other known unique and powerful companies. We are a group of highly-motivated and extremely talented staff that is set on launching products that will revolutionize the EV battery industry in power density.
4380 Ayers Ave.
Vernon, CA 90058
Romeo Power’s founders have a track record for success. Our CEO’s previous startup is now the default mobile security solution for the major financials in the U.S. Our CTO and Co-Founder worked on energy storage and life support systems for SpaceX for 4 years before moving to Tesla rival Faraday Future, where he served as the Chief Battery Architect.